Call for Workshops
IEEE WoWMoM 2016
Seventeenth International Symposium on a World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks
IEEE Computer Society,
Missouri University of Science and Technology,
IEEE Computer Society TC on Computer Communications (TCCC)
June 21-24, 2016 - Coimbra, Portugal
SCOPE AND OVERVIEW
The IEEE International Symposium on a World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks (IEEE WoWMoM 2016), now in its 17th edition, is a premier forum for networking, software systems and multimedia research in the wireless/mobile area.
The WoWMoM Organizing Committee invites proposals for one-day or half-day workshops affiliated with the conference. The purpose of these workshops is to provide a platform for presenting novel ideas in a less formal and possibly more focused way than at the conference itself. All WoWMoM workshops are expected to enable stimulating discussions of state-of-the-art, emerging, visionary, and perhaps controversial topics. Workshops should be organized to promote such lively interaction. Workshop Proposals are solicited in all areas and topics pertaining to wireless mobile and multimedia networking. Workshops addressing emerging research directions in these areas are highly welcome.
All papers included in the WoWMoM 2016 Workshops will be included and indexed in the IEEE Digital Library (IEEE Xplore), showing their affiliation with IEEE WoWMoM. We expect all selected workshops to adhere to a common paper submission and reviewing schedule as outlined in the dates indicated below.
Each workshop proposal must include:
- The name of the workshop.
- The names, addresses, and a short bio of the organizers (up to 200 words) of the organizers (up to three, from at least two different institutions).
- A brief description (up to 1 page) of the technical issues that the workshop will address, and the reasons why the workshop is of interest at this time. Some consideration on the communities/groups it intends to attract should be included.
- The names of potential program committee members.
- The planned format of the workshop, including a strategy to facilitate lively discussions and the involvement of the attendees.
- The names of the potential keynote speakers, if a keynote speech is included in the planned format of the workshop.
- If applicable, a description of past versions of the workshop, including dates, organizers, number of submitted and accepted papers, number of attendees.
- If the workshop does not have any past editions, an estimate of the expected number of submitted and accepted papers, and of the expected number of attendees.
- A tentative call for papers.
- A description of the plans for publicity and the workshop web site.
Workshop proposals (in PDF format) should be submitted, no later than October 29, 2015, by e-mail to the WoWMoM 2016 Workshop Co-Chairs email@example.com with "WoWMoM 2016 Workshop Proposal" in the subject line.
For any additional information please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Workshop proposals submission deadline: October 29, 2015
- Acceptance notification: November 16, 2015
The following dates for workshop schedules are strongly recommended:
- Papers due by: March 10, 2016
- Paper selections due by: April 15, 2016
- Camera Ready by: April 29, 2016
Daniele Puccinelli, SUPSI, Switzerland
Antonio Skarmeta, Univ. of Murcia, Spain